Japanese or Nihongo is the language spoken in Japan with three writing systems which are hiragana, katakana, and kanji. It has a different writing system than English and it relies heavily on cultural context and understanding.
Some Facts About the Japanese Language
Japan is the only country to have Japanese as its official language. However, it is not the only place where this language is spoken The Republic of Palau, USA, and Hawaii are some of the countries where this language is spoken by a minority of people. This is one of the world’s fastest-paced languages with an informational density of 0.49, a syllabus rate of 7.84, and an information rate of 0.74. It has no relation to any other language in the world and is a unique language in itself. Despite common belief, this language is not related to the Chinese language at all. To further know about it, one can visit Japanese Language Classes in Delhi. Apart from these, given below are some of the facts about the Japanese Language.
- 9th Most Commonly Spoken Language- It is the 9th most spoken language in the world with more than 130 million native speakers.
- Furthermore, due to the Globalization of Japanese cultures such as anime, and manga, more and more people are learning it.
- Not a Tonal Language- Japanese is a monotonous language, unlike most East Asian languages that are tonal in nature.
- It has a specific rhythm and cadence to its words and sentences which can be a challenge to learn for non-native speakers.
- Lesser-Known Language- Some sources claim that the Japanese language was introduced in the early-to-mid 2nd century BC. Whereas, others believe that is related to the Ural-Altaic language family. However, the origin of this language is still unknown today.
- No Plural Form- There are no plural forms in this language and despite whether it’s singular or plural, the form of the word does not change. However, the Japanese have counters to explain if it is a lot.
Benefits of Learning Japanese Language
Learning the Japanese language provides you with more opportunities for international understanding. Japan has friendly and good business relations with almost all the countries in the world. Most countries actively participate in trade with this country. Learning Japanese allows you to have a deeper knowledge and higher understanding of Japan as a nation and as a culture. Japan, is a leading country in Asia and as the Asian economy rises, more opportunities for work would be available. Apart from these, given below are some of the benefits of learning the Japanese Language.
- Understand Japanese culture- Japan is the land of the rising sun and vast culture. Learning it allows you to understand Japanese history, martial arts, entertainment, culture, and fashion. Furthermore, it allows you to explore its rich literature.
- Improves Brain Skills- Learning a second language is always beneficial as it makes you more productive and improves brain capacity. Furthermore, it improves your memory and learning ability, therefore many companies prefer bilingual candidates.
- Gateway to more Asian Cultures- Many Asian countries like Korea and China exerted influence over Japanese history. Although these countries have different cultures. They do share some similarities which you will be able to notice when to earn it.
- Access to Advanced Technology- Japanese are rich in scientific knowledge and creativity and they have made their country economically successful using them. Learning Japanese is beneficial for you if you are interested in technology like Robotics.
Career Opportunities in the Japanese Language
Learning Japanese provides you a competitive advantage as most people who learn a foreign language choose famous European languages. Learning a less commonly foreign language will pop out on your CV and differentiate you from the crowd. Japan is one of the most popular study abroad destinations with more than 1,000 universities and educational institutions. This country is the world leader in innovation and R&D in Science and Technology. Therefore, many tech aspirants visit Japan for higher studies. Many institutes provide Japanese Language Course in Noida and one can enroll in them to learn this language. Here are some of the job opportunities you can explore after learning this language.
- Translation & Interpretation
- Japanese Trainer / Teaching
- English Teacher in Japan
- Jobs in BPO & KPO
- Embassies & Government Jobs
- Flight Attendant & Aviation Sector
- Sales Executives in Export-import
- Travel, Hospitality & Tour Guide
- Work at a Japanese Company